Traditional Worship – 11 am
Communion on the first and third Sundays
Service of Holy Communion
Settings 1, 3, 4 and 10 from Evangelical Lutheran Worship (ELW); Now the Feast
- First, third and fifth Sundays plus major festivals
- In response to Jesus' command when he said at supper on the night when he was betrayed ‑ "Do this for my remembrance” – the Christian community, since its beginning, has regularly gathered to hear the Word of God and to take bread and wine; to recall and give thanks for the Lord's sacrifice for all the world; to receive his gift, his body and blood for forgiveness, life, and salvation; to be joined in intimate communion with God and with one another, those in this world and those in the next, in joyful anticipation of the fulfillment of the kingdom of God.
- This is the central celebration of the Christian community.
- Characterized by a spirit of joyful celebration.
- Now the Feast by Marty Haugen is a modern setting of our service.
- We rotate settings seasonally/quarterly.
Liturgy of the Word ‑ Settings 1, 3 and 10 from Evangelical Lutheran Worship (ELW); Now the Feast
- Second and fourth Sunday of the month
- An abbreviated form of Settings 1, 3 & 10 (without communion)
- Primary emphasis is the liturgy, Scripture lessons and sermon
- Uses a more formal liturgy than the Service of the Word
- A three year lectionary (a scriptural reading) series is used; year one is based on Matthew's Gospel, year two on Mark, year three on Luke